Monday, August 12, 2013

"Butch Gardens, Episode 13" by Mocha Tchokha Rose

            (Behind some trees.  The drums and the PANTHER LADY’s scatting can still be
            heard.)

ANNIE
Why did---?

LONNIE
What’s the matter with you, Annie?

ANNIE
With me?

LONNIE
You.  And all those women.  You’re mesmerized---

ANNIE
She’s a---

LONNIE
I saw you looking---

ANNIE
Like you don’t---

LONNIE
Put your tongue back in your head!  Honestly . . .

ANNIE
I’ve never given you cause---

LONNIE
Till now.

PANTHER LADY (Off)
---dingus dingus dung.
 
ANNIE
            (After a moment)
I’m going back.

LONNIE
Annie!

ANNIE
We won’t last five minutes in the jungle if you’re a jealous lunatic.  Now, let me be!

            (ANNIE storms off.  LONNIE huffs.  An anaconda sidles up to her.  Continued
            drumming.)

            END OF EPISODE 13.