Monday, January 14, 2013

"The Trial of Westward Ho, Part II"

            (WESTWARD, SUNNY, and SUNNY’S MAN FRIEND are eating breakfast. 
            Orange peels are strewn wildly about.  THE POSTMAN walks in.)

THE POSTMAN
Letter for Mr. Westward Ho.

            (WESTWARD looks at the envelope.)

WESTWARD
It’s from Mother.

            (SUNNY gets up.)

SUNNY
Excuse me.

            (She leaves.)

WESTWARD
It’s not from Mother.  It’s from her lawyer.

            (SUNNY’S MAN FRIEND gets up.)

SUNNY’S MAN FRIEND
I must go.

WESTWARD
Won’t you watch me open it?

            (The FRIEND takes an English muffin.)

SUNNY’S MAN FRIEND
Forgive me.

            (He hurries away.)

WESTWARD
Postman, will stay with me?

THE POSTMAN
I am ahead in my route, Westward.  Open it.

            (Rip.)

            END OF PART II.